April 19 P is for Photos




                                                                  Photos

Hands up, who has boxes of photos, with nothing written on the back?  Me too!

How do you store your photos? Albums, boxes, on the computer? I have a mix of all three.

 I promise myself that I will write who, where and when they were taken but I don't. My new digital camera has GPS, so now when I upload my photos to the computer, it tells me where and when it was taken.

I have wonderful old photos, that I know are family but exactly who they are is lost. Mum did write on the back of some but a Mrs Bell??? I have know idea.

This one is a mystery. I know that the two small children are James and Eileen Smith. Children of my Auntie Claire. The others are unknown but I suspect that the bigger boy is Thomas Abberton, last child of my grandfather, Thomas.

This is my Uncle Leslie Abberton.
Born 1898, Died 1917.

Eveline Maude Jasper, my grandmother, taken at Katoomba, NSW, probably the late 1920's or very early 1930's as she died in 1932.


Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

  1. I add tags Who, what, when and where tags to my digital photos with Picasa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother was great at writing names on the backs of photos. Except one, she is a mystery woman. It looks like a wedding photo and there is a date of 1916 but I have no relatives married that year. It could also be a communion or confirmation photo. I really have no idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek