Genealife in Lockdown - NFHM Blogging Challenge - Part 5.

         The Elusive George Galbraith


I'm having fun trying to find George, he has me searching through Ancestry, FindMyPast, FamilySearch and Scotland's People looking for any hint as to who he belongs to.

Last Sunday I mentioned Agnes Galbraith and looking into her cause of death, well I found her death. Agnes died of Consumption on 17 November 1867 at the age of 25 years. Okay, she is now ruled out, fully.

I have also contacted Find A Grave asked if someone is able to check the inscription, in regards to George. I hope I get a reply.

I've found more information and records relating to Janet Galbraith. She is on the 1881 Scottish Census, at her mother's residence, with Thomas Gray and George Galbraith.  Had I found him? Nope, Janet and Robert named their son George Galbraith Gray. (big sigh as I thought I'd found him.)  In all Janet and Robert Gray had eight children, not just the two I thought, last week.

They are;

Robert b 1863

Samuel Galbraith b 1865 d 1867

George Galbraith b 1866  (you can see why I was happy) (Not Janet's son, see here for why Not son )

Margaret Nicol b 1867

John Davidson b 1869

James Gray b 1873

Allayson Gray b 1877 d 1906 (male)

Thomas b 1878.

I now have three boys, John, William and Andrew to research and also an Alfred that pops up, but he is another mystery, for another time.


So off I go to see what can be found about William and Andrew as apart from their respective births, I have nothing else.

Bye,

Lilian.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek