Genealife in Lockdown - NFHM Blogging Challenge - Part 1.

Alex Daw has challenged us to blog about Genealife in Lockdown. So what does this mean to a genealogist? Endless days of sitting at the computer, searching for that elusive ancestor? Sorting the filing cabinet, recycling mountains of paper?  Going through old photos, trying to make sense of who they are? Endless hours watching Zoom presentations? 

No, I don't really think so.

Back in April 2020, when Covid-19 snapped us into isolation and archive offices slammed their doors, to us, I thought 'I can finally work on the second family history book.'  Well...

So here we are, especially in Greater Sydney,  New South Wales, in August 2021, with a four week extension of our lockdown. Family History Month events cancelled. 

Will I find an elusive ancestor? Will I do any work on the book?  For the answers to these and other interesting questions, you will have to stay tuned.

Bye,

Lilian.



Comments

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your breakthroughs Lilian. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Lilian. I hear you. My goals for this month are to do the 30 mins a day of Family History challenge and scan for an hour a day and get on with all my UFO sewing/knitting projects. But yes, will it actually happen ????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek