Genealife in Lockdown - NFHM Blogging Challenge - Part 6.

 Since I've been doing some cooking, I thought I'd share two recipes with you, so everyone can gain some Covid calories.


The first one was from my mother and doesn't have eggs, butter or milk in it.


COLD TEA CAKE.

1 cup cold tea

3/4 cup sugar

1 cup currants (here I use what ever is on hand, sultanas, mixed fruit, etc.)

combine. When the mixture is cold, add 2 cups Self raising flour. Mix well.

Grease a loaf tin and add mixture.

Heat oven to 170 Centigrade.

Bake for 1 hour. Or until a skewer comes out clean.

Enjoy!


WEETBIX CHOCOLATE SLICE.

6 Weetbix - crushed but not very fine.

1/2 cup brown sugar.

1/2 cup chocolate drinking powder.

1 cup coconut.

1 cup self raising flour.

250g Copha - melted.

Combine all ingredients. If a bit moist add another Weetbix. 

Grease or line, with baking paper a lamington tin.

Add mixture to tin.

Bake for 20 minutes at 170 Centigrade.

Ice if required.  I slice half, while still hot but leave it in the tin to cool and then ice the other half once cool.

I've also found time to do some research as to who George belongs to.

I've done a rough family tree, so I can see where I'm at with my research. It looks a mess but I can see, very quickly what records I have for each person and any gaps. I've also added occupations to Samuel and Margaret's children. Three of the boys became Grocers and one became a Doctor.




Comments

  1. Ooh - this is brilliant Lillian. Thank you so much. I am dictating that Weetbix slice recipe onto Word now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I find that I don't really understand/see stuff until I write it down or type it out. Endlessly reading and searching doesn't really get me very far in family history research. Synthesis is really important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek