Adelaide, Tuesday 11th, Chocolate, Genealogy and Quilting.

Chocolate, genealogy and quilting, three of my favourite things and to spend time doing all three, fantastic!

Our first stop was Haig's Chocolate, visitor center, for a tour. This tour is free and we were told how the company started, in 1915. It is family owned and run. One of sons, of the founder spent a year in Switzerland, at Lindt, learning how to improve Haig's chocolate. We saw peppermint creams being made and Christmas bells being hand foiled. We tasted milk and dark chocolate, as well as Sparkles. Yum!  The ship Australia wide. Their website is www.haihschocolate.com
Photos are on Facebook.

Coffee at Rose's on Unley Road, Unley was our next stop. Miss matched chairs, blankets, if you are cold, makes this cafe quirky.

Genealogy SA was next. More about this in another blog. The volunteers were wonderful, very helpful and nothing was any trouble.

This is their beautiful home and contact details.



Lunch in the pub, near by, fortified us for our drive to Morphett Vale and Patchwork By Sea. I had caught up with Jen and Terry, on Saturday, but this was my first time in their new shop. It is wonderful. Situated at 186 Main South Road, it has two levels. The shop is on the ground level and a large classroom is up a short flight of steps. Terry made cups of tea and he and Paul talked while I did some shopping. Jen and I joined them and Jen and I talked genealogy. Wonderful to catch up.

Their website is www.patchworkbysea.com.au

The drive back was great, with spectacular views of Adelaide city and the beachside suburbs and the gulf.

A great day!
Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

  1. Three of my favourites, too, Lilian - genealogy, patchwork and chocolate! I wish I could have joined you - but a bit far away. My aunt visited Australia on an extended break to relatives and said that of all the places she went to, Adelaide was her favourite city

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek