Family Friday, Vaughan


                                                     VAUGHAN AN OVERVIEW.


Today I was going to start with Henry Vaughan, my Great-great-grandfather but Henry has thrown me some very interesting problems and as such he will have to wait for his turn.


This is an overview of the family of Henry Vaughan and Charlotte Chasmar. And that there starts a mystery.  I have been tracing this line for 30 years and found 10 children for them.

Elizabeth – 1841

Henry Edward – 1842

William Nathanial – 1845

Isabella Mary Ann – 1847

Louisa 1850

George W – 1852

John A -  1854

Catherine Charlotte – 1856

Frederick 1860

Rachel – 1864 d 1865.

Now there comes an interesting bit; I have a marriage transcript of  one Edward Vaughan to Ester Maria Stansall on 30/12/1876. Edward’s parents, Henry Vaughan and Charlotte.  No details of age are listed for either party but Henry’s occupation is correct. I have found Edward’s death and will order the certificate as the parents are listed as Henry and Charlotte. So did Henry and Charlotte have 11 children? Another mystery to figure out!

What I have been doing is trying to find as much as I can on each child and this is what I will present over the coming weeks. I then want (hope) that  descendants will contact me.

I have used; Ancestry, Find My Past, Family Search,  NSW Birth, Death and Marriages, TROVE, The Ryerson Index.

Any certificates and documents I hold will be marked *

 Isabella is my ancestor and she too has an interesting story.

Bye for now, Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek