TROVE Tuesday

                                               THE ARROW. Sports Politics and the Drama.

I didn't have any family titbits, this week, so thought I'd look at a different news paper.

This news paper was published from 1896 to 1912, in Sydney, NSW. I looked at the first issue, March 7th 1896. Cost 1d (1 penny). Published on Saturday.

Below is just part of the first page. It has such comments as; "154,000 pianos are built every year. We can understand why lunatic asylums are always overcrowded." Or another that states that starfish don't have a nose.
Other articles in the paper were about horse racing, cricket, dinners. To me the paper seems like a bit of fun.
Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek