The #NotAtRootstech Blog Part Three

Feeling very sleepy but the day is young, so well...

The second session was preceded by a Rootstech Rewind, featuring Tan Lee from 2015,  a Vietnamese-Australian telecommunications entrepreneur, is a co-Founder of Emotiv. She was named the 1998 Young Australian of the Year. Her talk was about her life journey,  it was very moving. Beautiful.

I then settled down to watch Understanding DNA Testing for Genealogy, with Jim Brewster, from Family Tree DNA.  While it was good and I learnt new things about my FamilyTreeDNA results, which might be helpful, it did get technical . Sorry to see that the room wasn't full again.



Jim Brewster




My third session of the day is with Amy Johnson Crow and Curt B. Witcher on 'How not to leave your genealogy behind.'  They both spoke about how we leave our genealogy, for future generations.  Amy asked, 'Who knows your password?' For genealogy, photos, etc. She mentioned Legacy Contacts. Where you set-up who can access your sites, after you have gone. An interesting session but again poorly attended.
Amy and Curt.




The last session, for today at 10.30am, Sydney time, 4.30pm, Salt Lake City time is with Robert Kehrer on 'Finding Elusive Records at Family Search.'  FamilySearch is evolving, all the time and it was good to see different ways we can search for records, something I'll have to try.

Robert Kehrer.


So ends another RootsTech 'day'. While my friends, in Salt Lake City are getting ready for the MyHeritage After Party, I'm going for a walk, with my husband to our local coffee shop.

Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek