My Congress 2018. Pre-Congress.

#Congress_2018 has been and gone and I'm only just getting around to blogging about it. So lets rewind to Wednesday 7 March.

I was asked to be the 'Welcome Person', as people arrived for early-bird registration. This was set-up in Glover Cottage, next door to Richmond Villa, home of the Society of Australian Genealogists. It was very slow, with only around 50 people taking advantage of this, by the time I left around 2.00pm and Jill Ball took over.

There was early registration on Thursday 8 March, as well but I didn't go into the city until lunch time. This was very busy and Jill Ball's blogs GeniAus   http://geniaus.blogspot.com.au/  has all the gossip.

Once ensconced in my hotel room, I was joined by Alison Wolf and Ruth Standring for afternoon tea. Discussions about what sessions we wanted to go to, dinner, on both  Thursday and Friday nights, plus catching up with each others news.

Ruth and I walked down to Pancakes at The Rocks, Darling Harbour, (very  confusing for those from out of town.) There we joind around 20 other genealogists, both old and new for several hours of eating, drinking and talking. Hugs were given,  Autograph Books, signed, ribbons, business cards  and Blogger beads given out and plenty of photos taken.



                                                       The 'Furry Gang' attended Congress, too.

                                                Some of my dinner companions.

Our venue for the next four days.

More to come.
Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek