My Journey to Birmingham, 30 Days and Counting

Thirty days out and I'm away, visiting family in Melbourne. Our granddaughter was in the school musical and we promised that we would attend. This time we flew down and back, rather than take two days, each way,  to drive.  The musical was wonderful and the school has a bunch of very talented kids.

In the past 10 days I have made contact with a taxi company, in Galway and arranged my tours. One to Ballynakill, where my ancestors came from and one to Connemara, just for sight seeing.

I've also been checking out how to get from Glasgow to Ayr and train is the best option. This has lead me to down-loading maps of the locations I need. I've also been checking out places to go, whilst I'm in Glasgow.

I've registered at Smart Traveler, got spare passport photos and ordered garden soil, for the vegetable patch!  Yes, I'm going to plant my bulbs and some vegetables, before I go, so I will have a Spring crop, this year. I've also been shopping for non-perishables, so that Paul wont have to worry about them. Little things to make life easier for him, while I'm having fun. 

As several of my friends have had birthdays, I've been busy finishing off their gifts. I will be so good to give them to them, late in some cases, but with a hug, rather than post them. (I will post a photo of the gifts, after they have been given.)

I've also booked RootsTech 2020. It will be great to do that for the third time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek