Saturday at SAG


Under overcast skies I walked to the station to catch the 8.21am train to the city.
As I got to the top of the ramp, the sun was trying to break-through.


My destination was Richmond Villa, home to the Society of Australian Genealogists.


The topic that Michelle Patient was presenting, was Breaking Down Brick walls. No, not construction one but the ones we discover, when tracing our ancestors.


Michelle's presentation was full of interesting, helpful ways to try and breakdown our wall.
One useful hint was to do a timeline. Something I had thought about but hadn't followed though with. Michelle advised us not to have to narrow a focus but to look at the bigger picture as to what was happening, in the timeframe of our brick wall.

If you ever have the chance to hear Michelle present this talk, go and absorb it. While I have been researching, for over 30 years, I learnt new things.

A day well spent.

Now to apply what I've learnt.
Bye,
Lilian.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek