The Connection is Back!!!

 As a genealogist I can leave mysteries alone, a mention of something has me looking for information, to find out more and well with this 'connection,' I couldn't leave it alone.

With my two previous posts, Nicolls/Nicholls  and Connection I thought I had it sorted, well no.

Looking at Christina Nicolls and her age had me thinking that Richard Henry Daly,  couldn't be her son, could he? I did a search on Ancestry for Richard and found three different years of birth, 1920, 1924 and 1926. Given that Christina was born in 1875 (10273/1875), she would have been 45, 49 or 51 years old when Richard was born.  While it was a push, she could have had Richard in 1920, but searching didn't give me any births of a Richard to a Christina in 1920, using the New South Wales, Birth Death and marriages site, (NSW BDM).

I then got Christina's death certificate, (03867/1956) and with careful checking found all the children, listed, except Daisy, (this is on going). There was  no Richard. 

That got me looking who else could be his mother. The likely candidates were Daisy, born 1895, Annie, born 1899, Josephine born 1900, Doris born 1902, Lena born 1904, Phyllis born 1906. The three younger girls, Mary, Evelyn and Margaret, were to young, even for a 1926 birth. 

Now playing around with the NSW BDM site I entered Daly, Richard, nothing for the father and then each of the girl's names, one search at a time, selected a year range from 01/01/1920 to 05/04/1924, and hit search. Daisy, Annie, Josephine, Doris and Lena, nothing but in 1924,  Phyllis C had a boy Richard.

So Richard is my connection but Christina is his grandmother not his mother.

I don't think he ever knew as he is listed as a brother in Phyllis' death notice and on his death certificate, (1558/1984) is parents are listed as Joseph and Christina.

(An aside, I'm waiting on Joseph's death certificate to see if both Daisy and Richard are listed on it. Daisy is another mystery.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek