April Research

 My April research has been on my husband's Paternal side, focusing on Edith Pearl Amelia Millar's line.

It goes like this;

Hubby,

Patrick MAGILL,

Edith Pearl Amelia MILLAR, (her maternal line goes back to John NICHOLS, Scarborough,  First Fleet),

Ralph MILLAR,  and his parents James MILLAR  and Marion BROWN.  

Ralph and his wife, Amelia Jane HUGHES had six children; Marion b 1880, Henry b 1882,

 Florence b 1884, Edith b 1885, Ruby b 1889 and Constance b 1892.

I have search for and found marriages and on some lines children for all of the six children. 

While researching Ralph I made and interesting discovery about his parents, James and Marion.

(It pays to re-read documents.)

Their marriage has James listed as Free and Marion as Bond. Using their death certificates I worked out the possible years of arrival and looking a several data bases found that they were both convicts.

James arrived in 1828 on the Speke.

Marion and her sister Caroline arrived in 1833 on the Numa. They were convicted at the Edinburgh Court of Justiciary and give seven year sentences.

I found Marion's record of where she was dispersed to and that is interesting, she was assigned to the Rev Rusden in Sydney. Then I found her Application to Marry and the minister is Rev Rusden, in Maitland. The same person she was assigned to.

Finding these two convicts give my Hubby a total of seven convicts, hanging on his tree.

I feel good about this month's research as I did achieve what I wanted to and found extra as well.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek