Looking Back on 2022

 Back in January I wrote about what I was 'planning' for this year. You can read it here, What will it bring,

As a year 2022 was better in some ways, as were weren't locked-down and were able to travel but in other ways, it was difficult. Rain, rain and more rain, with some towns, even now still under flood warnings, seems to have been a main topic of conversation. The brutal invasion of Ukraine, still has the world holding its collective breath. Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth 11, platinum jubilee, was a piece of history that probably won't be seen again, followed by her passing in September and the accession of Prince Charles to King. 


Closer to home, I did do what I said I would. 

No A-Z Blogging Challenge and my total of blogs reached 31, for the year. I did do blogs for both Women's History Month and National History Month.

No Goodreads Challenge, but I read and wasn't worried about meeting a target. Some weeks I hardly read, while others I read several books. But I enjoyed it!

I finished my two DNA subjects and then did a short one through Future Learn and I learnt new and interesting information. I also did a six week course, Essential Speaker Skills for Family Historians, through Family History Academy. They can be found here Family History Academy

I did some conference talks, via Zoom and received good feedback about them. Looking forward to doing more in 2023.

I did finish the jumper and it is very warm. Started a blanket cape and that will be finished soon. Done all in one piece there won't be any sewing to do.

Finished six quilts, for me and did four quilt tops for charity, along with six draw-string bags as well. My quilting mojo came back!

We did some traveling, time spent in Victoria doing part of the Silo Art Trail,  Canberra for Mother's Day and I did some research on a one-place study. Also a trip to look at the tulips at Hill Top Gardens, beautiful.

I've also undertaken a research project on Mummell Roman Catholic Cemetery, Range Road, Mummell, as a one-place study. I've set up a blog about the research I'm doing and in 2023 plan to spend time in archives and libraries doing said research.

2022 also saw me handover my two volunteer roles and taking a step back. I'm now just an ordinary member of the two groups and wish those taking over the best in their roles.

November was a time of joy, when I attended FamilyHistory DownUnder, IN PERSON! It was the first time many of us had been together since RootsTech 2020. Four days of excellent talks, wonderful conversations with friends and good food.

So did I recharge?  Yes! While the year seemed busy, it wasn't frantic, things got done, some things didn't or took longer than planned but I went with the flow. I'm looking forward to 2023 and what lies a head.

I think 2023 might be my Year of Research.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek