RootsTech Part Four

Sunday in Salt Lake City dawned very, very dull. The clouds covered the mountains and if felt like a day to spend inside. I went to breakfast and was joined by Phil Young, a fellow Aussie. We chatted for awhile and then he left to fly out to Los Angeles.

Going back to my room I was met with snow falling, blanketing everything in soft, powdery white. It was very interesting to stand and watch the trees, below be transformed. I watched Music and the Spoken Word, instead of attending. It was beautiful.

The view from my window.

Snowfall.

After awhile I messaged several fellow Aussies, who were staying at the same hotel and we met downstairs, in Starbucks for hot drinks. Sharn White and I made the decision to walk to the supermarket, so donning beanies, gloves and getting our umbrellas we set of. We were like kids, playing in the snow and taking heaps of photos. It was fun walking up but walking back we realised that it was cold, so hurried.  I finished the day by doing my packing, researching and watching TV.




Photos from my walk.

Monday was blue skied and warmer, so I set off for the Family History Library to finish of some research. There was still snow on the ground or cars and busses.
Just one of the many cars, still with snow on them as they were being driven.

Temple Square.

Research done, I set off to find the last mural I wanted to see.
This is the Rock Legends Mural.

Lunch with friends, then off to the airport and the flight to Los Angeles and then home.

I had a fantastic time at RootsTech. Caught-up with friends, made new ones and learnt heaps.
Bye,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek