RootsTech 2020 Part Three

Friday morning saw several of us from The National Institute for Genealogical Studies meet up for a photo and chat. It was great to met others who are studying and see how they are going. Louise St Denis, the founder was great to chat with and listened to the ideas we had.  As it took longer than I thought, I skipped the first session and John Boeren and I sat and talked, for ages and then when the Vendor Hall opened, went our different ways.

I used this time to catch-up with friends and get photos, as it was empty enough to do this.





Group photos happened after the day's talks were over, with GeneaBloggers, Commonwealth and the Aussie Contingent.

My last talk, for Friday was WATO, (What Are The Odds) workshop. I was disappointed. I expected that those of us paying for this would have been able to discuss our problems and how to work it out but the presenter had us working on hers. Not to mention that some didn't know what WATO was and had no idea what to do.  I left after the first hour, having learnt nothing that I didn't already know. 

Dinner that night was with friends at the Blue Lemon.

Saturday is Family Day and I wasn't planning on going to any talks, so planned my morning to explore Salt Lake City.  There are 10 beautiful murals, in various places around the city and it was these I wanted to find. I found the five that were walking distance.

The Jazz Anniversary Mural was in the street beside my hotel and I could see it from my room.

This was a good walk from my hotel, but it was a sunny morning. Squatter's Nod to Beer Mural.

The Book Wall Mural was tucked away down a lane.

This one is my favourite, called the Constellation Owl Mural, it is stunning.

This one is at the Eccles Theatre.

From there I walked to the Cathedral of Madeleine.


I then meandered back to my hotel and then crossed the road for some time at RootsTech.


Saturday ended with dinner at Pat Richley-Erickson's place for around 30 of us. It's a wonderful evening, catching up with those we hadn't had time to see, during the previous days, laughing, talking and relaxing. This dinner is something Pat  and Gordon host  every year and it is a highlight of RootsTech.


Comments

  1. Lilian, I love the Cathedral. went to Mass there in 2008. Did you get to go inside? The paintings inside are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I walked in on a Spanish Baptismal Mass.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek