One Name Study

I belong to both the Guild of One- Name Studies and the Surname Society and with both I have several One Name studies, the main one being ABBERTON. 

Now when I starteedthis genealogy journey, nealy 35 years ago, everything was either microfisch, microfilm or paper, so you had to copy everything down. Well I did, every Abberton surname reference for both New South Wales and Victoria, sorted out which family was mine and after several years, ditched the ones that were of no use. (Insert head slap here). 

Well guess who now has to go back and do it all again???? The only blessing is that I now know more that I did then and I can look for different spellings and the records are more up-to-date.

Why not consider joining either or both societies and do a study of your surname?

Guild of One-Name Studies.

Surname Society

Both allow you to search, to see if someone is doing the surname you are after.

Happy Searching,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek