Trying to Find Connections, Part 1.

When I did my Ancestry DNA, last year, I had a really good match come up.  

This was it.
1st–2nd Cousin
Shared DNA: 731 cM across 29 segments  

I was thrilled as she was on my Paternal side. So I sent her a message, asking how we might be connected and waited, and waited and waited. Nothing back, so I waited some more and then sent another message and started waiting, again. I searched her tree and couldn't see a link but then she showed up as a link to a very close family member, as well as several others on my paternal side.

I left it sit on the 'to be done' list and went away. Now I'm back I'm going to try and find our connection. Another close family member has joined Ancestry and yes is a connection to her.  I've also had a message from another connection, CH  and it is through him that I'm going to work.

Method or madness???

Using ConnectedDNA, I sorted my groups, numerically, largest to smallest. Went to Ancestry and printed off, up to 6th cousins, with trees only. From this I have gone through and found what groups, they are in, (some have been added, since I did the connections). Back to Ancestry and I looked at trees, checking surnames, from them against my names and those on other people's trees. Not finding any connections.

I also messaged, CH asking for his help. Still waiting to hear back from him.

I haven't stopped looking for any small hint.

I've searched;
Gedmatch - not on it.
WikiTree - not on it.
FTDNA - not on it. 
MyHeritage - not on it.

My conclusion is that she tested with Ancesrty, to see her Ethnicity, only. I could be wrong but as she hasn't been on Ancestry for eight months...

I'm going to see if CH gets back to me before I go further and while I'm waiting, I'll work on a Plan B.
Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek