Researching Abroad. Day One

Today was day one of the Unlock The Past, sponsored genealogy feast.
Part of the audience.



Today was German research, with Dirk Weissleder presenting four informative talks. I have German ancestors and the information Dirk gave, will help me go further with my research. Giving us the German words for the different records will be very useful.

Dirk is the President of the Federation of Family Associations. He is also a genealogy consultant and national chairman of the Deutsche Arbeisgemeinschaft genealogischer Verbande  www.dagv.org  This society is the umbrella organisation for genealogy and heraldry for Germany.


Kerry Farmer gave a great talk on DNA. I have heard Kerry give similar talks but today it started to sink in. While I don't know how many connections I will find, I'm am going to try another company and compare my results and maybe make a connection.


Rosemary Kopittke gave a presentation about My Heritage. I haven't look at this site but it sounds interesting.

It was good to catch up with friends and browse the stalls. I added to my collection of books.

Momento  photo books. They are stunning.

Sylvia from Families In British India Society.

Heather from SAG. Heather also presented a talk on what the society holds for European research.



The view from the window was of Old Government House, in Parramatta Park.

It was a wonderful day and I'll do it all again, tomorrow, when Chris Paton talks about Scottish and Irish research.

Bye for now,
Lilian,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek