Adding Twigs and Leaves Part 4
I've written about the problems that this Donald Family are causing me, regarding the number of children the family, could, should or does have. My thought was to get George Donald's 1870 death certificate and see how many were listed on that. Well...
Searching the New South Wales Birth, Death and Marriages Index, I found that there wasn't an entry for him. (Here we go again!) Thought outside the box by using wildcards in my searches, nothing, left out the name George and narrowed the year, nothing.
Now you are thinking, 'how does she know it is 1870?' Fare question, 1) I have stood at his gravesite, 2) there are death notices in various newspapers, both in NSW and England, 3) Several articles about the inquest, in different newspapers and 4) the actual entry in the Registers of Coroner's Inquests and Magisterial Inquiries-1834-1942, found on Ancestry. He is dead and buried.
I contacted my transcription agent, Joy Murrin and she couldn't find it either. I've contacted the Yass Family History Group to see if they have copies of the church records or anything that might help.
So George Donald, son of Thomas Donald and Jane Miller, born 26 December 1807 and baptised 5 January 1808, in Galston, Ayr, Scotland and died on Sunday 6th February 1870, while bathing in the river, at Yass .His wife had tried to stop him as it was rather chilly. He did have heart problems and Congestive Apoplexy was given as cause of death.
One day I might find an official record of his death but with what I have found, that is sufficient.
Comments
Post a Comment