Catching Up.

 Where has 2023 gone??? It's nearly the end of April and I'm only just updating my blog.

My One-Place Study is slowly coming along, with research done at the NSW State Archives. This gave me some useful information on several of the families, connected to the cemetery. I also sent some time at the National Library of Australia, in Canberra looking at very old maps. Unfortunately while they were interesting, they didn't have land owner's names on them, so I was unable to see where they lived.  

I still have to do some research at the NSW State Library and the Royal Australian Historical Society, to see what their collections might hold.

While we were in Canberra we did a chocolate tasting at the Murrumbateman Chocolate Factory. It was so lovely just to sit and watch the birdlife as we tasted the chocolate.





We also saw the new water tower art, stunning.


Easter saw us have the younger two grandchildren for three nights and it was wonderful, they are such a delight to have.  We took them to a park, near the river and they had a great time and then we went to a cafĂ© for morning tea.

I have been working on several branches of the family tree, adding blog links to Ancestry and sorting out dates of death etc. Found two more convicts for my husband's side.

I have done two quilts and really enjoyed making them. At the moment I'm knitting a pair of socks for Miss 7 and have the wool to knit a poncho for her as well.


This one is all indigenous fabrics and has come together beautifully.

We are going to do a road trip, in the coming weeks, so watch the blogs for posts.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek