Society of One-Place Studies #OnePlaceArchives

 The Society of One-Place Studies gives blogging prompts for each month. This month's prompt is #OnePlaceArchives.

Today I ventured into the city and went to the Society of Australian Genealogists to view records that they hold on both the cemetery I'm researching and the people buried there. I ordered the records I wanted to look at and they were waiting on a table for me and then the fun began.

Like all good repositories of records they records I viewed gave me more questions than answers. I found two more bodies! BUT I did confirm that the one I thought was buried elsewhere is actually in Mummell cemetery, hence a question answered.

A bit about the society. Last year it celebrated it's 90th birthday, being the first society of its kind in Australia. Aside from the records they hold, there are a wide range of talks, classes and chats available . The staff and volunteers are very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, making a visit worthwhile.

This link will take you to the home page and from there you can see what the society offers, but better yet join and then you get to participate in the Members Only things.

Society of Australian Genealogists

 Now to review what I found, add details to the database and look at the two new bodies I found.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek