A bit of Research.

 While I was away, this week, I purchased a wonderful book, Burials in County of Argyle, NSW, 1856 - 1918. Compiled by The Goulburn District Family History Society, Inc. I'm using it in my One-Place study and have found it fascinating, to browse through. Gruesome, you might think but not really. 

Having found the ones relating to my study, I then turned to those who had died in the area, not just the ones buried in the cemetery. Now Mummell is a small area and in those years the population would not have been very large, today it is tiny. It is a farming area.

I found 149 deaths in this 1856 -1918 time frame.  A quick breakdown gave me 84 deaths between the ages of 0 and 20, 65 deaths between the ages of 21 and 90.  There were none over 90. Then my husband asked for under 40 and over 40, that worked out to be 102 deaths under 40 and 47 deaths over 40.


I will break it down further, into sex for each of the age groups as well.

It is very interesting to study these figures and wonder what the causes of death were.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek