Books I Use, March 2019 A New History of the Irish in Australia.


This is my choice for this month a new book that was published in 2018.
I found this book to be a very interesting read and it gave me a better perspective, as to what my Irish ancestors might have gone through.

The book has two sections and a total of 10 chapters, with an introduction and an epilogue. Section One, covers Race and looks at the Irish and their interaction with both Indigenous Australians and the Chinese. It also looks a various immigation schemes.
Section Two covers Stereotypes, looking a such things as employment, crime and politics.
Elizabeth Malcom and Dianne Hall have written a clear and consice history, which is easy to read and explains the way things were.

I purchased my copy from Gould Genealogy & History,  www.gould.com.au    for $34.95, plus postage. I would recommend this book for anyone with Irish ancestors.


Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

  1. I might have to purchase this Lilian. Thanks for recommending it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek