Exploring My DNA Journey.

                                           

Next month I’m attending a two day seminar on DNA and as I know next to nothing about mine, I’m spending some time looking at my three DNA test results.

This test was done through My Heritage and it didn’t give me any surprises. My paper trail shows English, Irish, Scottish and German heritage, so this is pretty close. (Not a full breakdown shown.)
Europe                          100%

North and West Europe        82.6%

Irish, Scottish, and Welsh     60.4%

Scandinavian                        22.2%

English                                  0.0%

Finnish                                  0.0%

North and West European    0.0%

East Europe                         17.4%

East European                     17.4%

Balkan                                   0.0%

Baltic                                      0.0%

Ashkenazi Jewish                 0.0%

This test was done through FamilyTreeDNA and again nothing  unusual with the results except for the tiny bit of Jewish. Someone, way back must have has Jewish Ancestry, don’t know. (Not a full breakdown shown.)
European                                         97%
British Isles                                      87%

East Europe                                     <1%

Finland                                             <1%

Scandinavia                                     10%

Southeast Europe                              0%
Iberia                                                  0%
West and Central Europe                   0%

Jewish Diaspora                                0%
Ashkenazi                                         <1%







This last test was done through a relatively new company, Living DNA and gives a different breakdown of Great Britain and Ireland. But when I look at the map feature, (not shown here) it shows nothing in the west of Ireland, where my father’s side originated from.  (Not a full breakdown of the results.)

Europe                                     98.8%
Great Britain and Ireland       90.1%
Northwest Scotland                  17.1%
Aberdeenshire                          16%
East Anglia                               12.2%
Southwest Scotland and Northern Ireland        9.5%
Europe (North and West)                             8.6%
Scandinavia                                                  8.6%
Asia (Central)                                              1.2%
So what does this mean for me, personally?  Well my paper trail confirms my DNA and through testing I have found  close matches and made contact with them. What will I do with this? I really don’t know and I hope that by attending the seminar I’ll learn more and be able to take this DNA journey further.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek