Pondering Knitting and other strange things

I love to knit, I usually have two or three different things on the go, socks, jumper and a larger item, so I have a variety. As I was knitting this morning, I thought about my mum and how she taught both my sister and I to knit. My sister took to it, as a child and knits beautifully, she even won awards. Me, well I took a bit longer to really get into it. I've got a cardigan and socks for me, on the go and a blanket as well.

Then I thought, who taught my mum and her six sisters to knit? Their Mum, an Aunt? I don't know. I do know that if wasn't the paternal grandmother, so I have ruled her out. I have three remaining aunts, so I am going to write to them and ask if they remember who taught them.

I am also curious as to how my grandparents addressed each other. Was if Mother and Father, as some families did? Was is Evelyn and Arthur, their given names? Was it something different? I'll ask my aunts that as well.

So do you knit and who taught you? Who taught them? What did your grandparents call each other? Something else to try and find out, to add more 'meat' to the bones of our family.

Bye for now, I'm going to knit,
Lilian

Comments

  1. Did you know today is Worldwide Knit in Public Day - Get yourself outside.
    http://www.wwkipday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Jill I didn't but I did knit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek