Scotlands People

I should be doing assignments and I did sit outside in the sun and study but searching for ancestors is much more fun! (I will do my assignments, really I will)

I have been looking for both my great-grandmothers and great-grandfathers deaths. Two posts ago I mentioned that I was waiting on great-grandma's death certificate. It has arrived and I cried. She died in a hospital for the insane at Stockton after being moved from Calan Park. While it was liver cancer that killed her I am now waiting for permission to view her medical records at NSW Archives.  Why was she there and has it go anything to do with why I can't find her husband?  Will all be revealed or will I still be in the dark?

Today I decided to spend time on Scotland's People as he was from Scotland. It looks very promising as I have found a death for an Arthur Galbraith in 1894 with the district give as Marine Return. It is a death at sea, which ties into the family stories that he died at sea. I will now buy the certificate and see if it is the correct one. If not I'll search again.

While on Scotland's People I looked around for Arthur's dads death and found I already had it, so looked for the will. Bingo! Nine pages of a wonderful will and five more pages of what looks like a list of personal property. It is a pity that it is 5.15pm and I have to organise dinner and I will have to wait to read it!. I wonder if it will reveal information about Arthur?

What this space in the continuing story of Mary and Arthur Galbraith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek