Books I Use. January. Dictionaries.

Welcome to a new series of posts, showcasing a selection of books, that I use, with my research.

DISCLAIMER. These are my own recommendations. I'm not being paid to showcase them.



DICTIONARIES.

I know that now days, most thngs can be 'Googled' and meanings found instantly but I'm old fashioned and like my dictionaries.

The Oxford Concise Medical Dictionary is used every time I receive a death certificate and can't understand the cause of death.




The Oxford Dictionary of Law. I find this invaluable, for deciphering those legal trems, found in will, deeds, etc.





The Pocket Oxfor Latin Dictionary.  Again used for wills, deeds, baptism certificates and other documents. My latin hasn't improved but I can now find the meaning easily. I hope I now have some sapientia*.




Sapientia - wisdom.

Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek