About Me.

A Family Tree researcher for over 30 years and a blogger since 2010, I love to share what I find. This blog has opened up a new way to contact and keep in-touch with both family and friends. It mightn't always be genealogy related and you might not agree with my point of view but I want you to comment, ask questions and look upon this blog as 'friends having a chat'.
Enjoy!

Thursday, 28 April 2016

April 28 X is for X



                                                                     X

I found that trying to do something that started with X hard.   So I thought that I would do X .

X is the 24th letter of the English alphabet.  This poor little letter  starts the least amount of words, in the dictionary. I could only find one first name, Xavier, starting with it.  I couldn't find any surnames that start with it. Poor little X!

But without X we wouldn't have excitement, exclaim, exclude, explore or extreme. These are just a few of the words that X is a big part of.

What would an x-ray be without X, just a little ray!

Semaphore X-ray.svg
This is semaphore for X.

ICS X-ray.svg
This is the signal flag for X.

So let us not forget X but celebrate its uniqueness.

Bye for now,
Lilian.

2 comments:

  1. You show that you don't have to write at length to create an interesting and informative post. This year is the first in all the years of doing the A-Z challenge where I have not resorted to eX words and there are so many of them!

    Thank you for your comments on my A-Z entries.
    Family History Fun

    ReplyDelete