A - Z Blogging Challenge R is for Ralph.


Ralph.

                                                    Chosen in honour of my cousin Ralph.

The name is the English form of the Scandinavian name Rathulfur, meaning wise and strong. The spelling with ph came through classical Greek associations. Shakespeare used the name Ralph in the play Henry IV in 1597.
 


Famous Ralph's include,
Ralph Waldo Emerson, US poet and essayist.
Sir Ralph Richardson, UK actor.
Ralph Waite, US actor, (the dad in the Waltons TV show).
Ralph Fiennes, UK actor.

Comments

  1. 4 Ralphs in my tree bur the Ralph I remember was of the four-legged variety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cousins had a four-legged Ralph. When asked why that name, they replied that the dog said his name was Ralph.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek