A-Z Blogging Challenge A is for Albina




Albina

Albina is the name of a distant cousin on my tree and has given me problems trying to find the meaning of it. In the end I resorted to good old Wikipedia for the answer.

Albina (ahl-BEE-nah) is a feminine given name from the Roman cognate Albinus, derived from the Latin albus, meaning "white" or "bright". 
See also: AlbinusAlbinAubin
Meaning: "white", "bright"
Language(s): Latin
Pronunciation: ahl-BEE-nah


I never met this cousin so I don't know if she was fair haired or fair skinned. 


Comments

  1. Wondering what other names I'll learn about as I follow your posts??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting...I am also wondering what names you will choose and what their meanings will be https://mollyscanopy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek