A-Z Blogging Challenge B is for Bruce

 



Bruce.

Bruce is the name of a cousin, on my Dad's side that I knew as a child, so what secrets does the name Bruce hold?

Bruce:-  An adoption of the Scottish surname famous from the 14th century king of Scotland, Robert the Bruce. The name was particularly popular in Australia and the unusual diminutive is Brucie.

Famous males called Bruce;

Bruce Springsteen, musician,
Bruce Oldfield, UK fashion designer.
Bruce Willis, US actor.
Bruce Lee, Chinese-US actor.


Comments

  1. When I was a teen, one of my favorite DJs in New York City was Cousin Brucie on WABC Top-40 radio, which I could hear at night hundreds of miles north in my small hometown. Interesting to find out the roots of his name. https://mollyscanopy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you can’t beat Bruce Springsteen !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek