Summer Reading Pile (so far)

 
 
Heading into the Christmas and holiday season, when the cricket is the only 'good' thing on the tellie, I start  a reading pile. Throughout the year I usually have two or three books on the go, at once, much like a quilter. I have two of those planned as well.

These four books are the start of my reading list and I know there will be one under the Christmas tree.

Debbie Macomber is a long time favourite of mine and I will often re-read different ones. This book, 'A Girls Guide to Moving On' is a stand alone title. The blurb says, 'When Leanne and her daughter-in-law Nichole went through divorces at the same time, they compiled a list to help them move on from the heartbreak.' Should be a fun read.

I haven't read a Cathy Kelly book, before but these two took my fancy. Between Sisters is about two sisters Cassie and Coco, 'the women of Delaney Square. A comment on the back says, ' Between Sisters is the sparkling new novel about mothers and daughters, families and friends.' Looking forward to starting it.

It Started With Paris, grabbed my attention with the opening line of the blurb, 'At the top of the Eiffel Tower, a young man proposes to his girlfriend, cheered on by delighted tourists.'  Having been to Paris and the Eiffel Tower it was an easy decision to buy it. The rest of the blurb was also very interesting.

Veronica Henry is another new to me author and How To Find Love In A Book Shop was a quirky enough title to have me stop and read the blurb.  It is about the owner of the bookshop and some of her customers. It promises to be a delightful read.

While these are the start of my pile, I have added to my Kindle 'pile' as well.
Aussie authors, Sarah Barrie and Rachel Johns, both have books on the Kindle for me to read.
Sarah has, Legacy of Hunter Ridge and  Shadow of Hunters Ridge.  Rachael has The Art of Keeping Secrets.

What are you reading?

Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek