Deceased Estate Records

I mentioned in my post on visiting State Records, that I had looked at Probate Records and I thought that some might not know how to look for them or what was available.

The wills are now online at FindMyPast, (check to see if you local library has a subscription) and from there you can search the State Records site.  www.records.nsw.gov.au

One of the things Gail mentioned on Wednesday was the Deceased Estate Files, something I hadn't heard of. Created by the Stamp Duties Office, for every individual who died leaving property or other assets, which were subject to death duties.  These could include the will, list of assets and their value, balance sheets of businesses and certificates of valuation. They cover from 1880 to 1958. I'm going to search for the ones I know and see what I find, if anything. Will keep you posted.

This photo shows you the three Archives In Brief, that can be seen on the website, that will help you out. Have a good look at all of them, they are very useful.

Happy researching,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek