Stuck for Writing Ideas?


                                       Stuck on what to write? Not sure where to begin?

These two blogs, below are from FamilySearch and have some good ideas for getting started. (I hope the link works, if not cut and paste into your address bar.)  FamilySearch blogs are interesting and cover all different topics, well worth a look.

https://familysearch.org/blog




Define your dash is aimed at getting you to write YOUR personal story. We concentrate on the past and often forget to write our story. This blog aims to get you started and leads onto the next one;
 

52 Stories Weekly Questions. Aimed at giving you starting points for writing, this blog is divided into 12 sections, each with a set of questions. Headings cover such things as Goals & Achievements to Holidays & Traditions. If you were to answer every question, (all 144), you would be well on your way to writing a book but even just 52, is a quarter of a book. We don't have to sit down and write it all at once, break it up and it will flow.
 

Well I know I've mentioned this book, in a previous post but I'm now reading it and working through the different exercises. Fun, gets me thinking and gets me writing. One of the exercises is called Eating the Flowers. It asks you to find a plant form your childhood and using all your senses write down your reaction to it. (I didn't do the tasting bit.)  I found doing this very interesting and I am going to my reactions up as a blog.
 
I can't let this post go without mentioning Thomas MacEntee at Geneabloggers. Thomas as prompts you can use both for your blog or your writing.


I hope that I have given you some ideas for writing and I'd love to hear how you are going. Post a comment or send me an email.

Happy Writing,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek