Finding a home for the Bissland Family Bible.


The Bissland Family Bible.

 

This post is asking for a bit of help and I know the answers to what happened to the family, as I have researched them.

 

I was asked for help, via Facebook and it went something like this.

J; ‘I have this bible I found 1988/89, belonging to the Bissland family. Can you find any relations etc?’

This was followed by several messages, photos of the relevant pages.

L; ‘ I can’t make out the details can you email them to me, please?’

Email arrives with six photos attached.

L; ‘How did you get it?’

J; ‘I was working with the Salvation Army in Elizabeth Street, Sydney, in 1988/89 and they were going to toss it out. It has been in my bottom drawer ever since.’

 

This family is very interesting and I’ve had fun researching them and now it is time to find family, who want the bible.

 

 John Graham Bissland and Caroline Jane Alder married 25th April 1860.

John was born in Paiseley, Scotland, 28th August 1834.

Caroline was born in Sydney, New South Wales, 21 November 1842.

I’m not going to go into any more details because if YOU BELONG TO THE FAMILY. YOU WILL KNOW THE DETAILS. This way the bible will find its home. (I hope.)

So only genuine family members need reply.

Harsh, yes but needed.

Bye for now,
Lilian

Comments

  1. If you can't find a family for the bible have you considered SAG or the State Library?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek