My other love; Quilting.

Aside from genealogy, I enjoy quilting or patchwork, as it is sometimes called. I've been seriously quilting, since 1999 and am seriously addicted!

In April I'm joining friends at a quilting retreat. Two days to indulge in uninterrupted sewing, bliss!  With that in mind and not wanting to start a new project, just before I go to RootsTech, I've worked on what I am going to do, at the retreat.


 
This is what is on our bed. It was a mystery lap size quilt, I turned into double bed size. But now it is to small for our queen size bed and I'd like on that fits.
 
This is the design of the one I'm going to make. Simple rectangles of fabric, with a contrasting strip of fabric, at one end.
 
The pattern was designed by Jennifer Minchinton of Patchwork By Sea, 186 Main South Road Morphett Vale
5162 Adelaide
under the brand Paisley Jam Designs.
 
I've spent the past few days calculating how much wider and longer I need to make the pattern, how many 10" squares I need and how much contrast fabric to cut.
The quilt I made used one layer cake or 42, 10" squares. For the next one I will need 64, 10" squares!
 


This is the layer cake, called Thyme with Friends, I'm going to use and below is the contrast fabric Jennifer helped me select.


 
I will keep you posted on the quilts progress and I hope to have it on my bed by Christmas.
Why don't you visit the Patchwork by Sea website and have a browse.
 
Bye for now,
Lilian.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek