I'm a Celebrity, no I'm not!


Well that was interesting…

I was interviewed by Chris, of the Today Show, for Find My Past.

It all started with a request on Facebook and it has gone on from there. I was contacted by James, from the PR firm, to see if I was still interested and he organised an interview with Rebecca from the Sunday Telegraph. While the interview was done, politics got in the way of it being published.

Last week James rang and asked if I would be happy doing a TV interview, as the Today show had read/seen my interview and wanted to talk to me. More emails and phone calls and it was set.

Never having done this before I had no idea what to expect!

One van, one cameraman, one sound recorder, James and Chris, spent nearly 2 hours with me and it was fun, nerve racking but fun.

They moved furniture, set up chairs, lights and the camera. While they were doing that Chris and I chatted and were miked up, then it was all systems go. I was seated, facing Chris and on camera the whole time, while he asked a variety of questions. It must have been about 15 to 20 minutes of questions. Then Chris faced the camera and ‘asked’ me the questions, so they could get his face.

Out to my study, no wait, walk in when we say so, stop, wait okay, sit down and look at the screen. Looking for information, with a camera over your shoulder is very interesting. I thought the sound was off and then Chris asks if we could have sound on this bit, only to be told it was being recorded, the whole time. I can hear some editing being done on that. They then did a shot of my hands, just typing anything, interesting. If that bit gets shown, see if you can work out what I typed!

They had me going through my filing cabinet looking for stuff, browsing through my magazine collection, mindful not to show the ad for  Ancestry! We then adjourned to the lounge room, where Chris and I sat and looked at old photos. That’s a wrap!

I don’t know when it will be shown, they will let me know and they have promised copies on the internet link as well.  Watch this space.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek