The Very Sad Death of Hubert Harris

 Going through a box of old documents, I found the front page of the Daily Telegraph, Tuesday 11 January 1955. It's yellowed and tatted but is a piece of my history.


This story caught my eye and I thought I'd see how Hubert Harris faired.
(As the article is from the USA, I converted US Pint, to Litres. 1 US liquid pint = 0.473176litres)

Reading the article, Hubert had a 'pint of blood and hour.' The doctor said, 'We are not going to give up.'
Searching Ancestry I found this article in a Texas newspaper, dated 10 January 1955. Hubert had died, in spite of the doctors efforts to keep him alive. 




I also found his Texas death certificate.


Rest in Peace Hubert Harris.

(P.S. 160 pints =69.0816 litres) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek