Paul and Lilian's Excellent Adventure, Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 November 2017

Arriving, yesterday afternoon, we settled into our villa and unpacked. Pre-dinner drinks from 6.30pm in the cocktail lounge, followed by dinner at 7.30pm.  Bed, after a glass of port and chocolate.
The sound of the sea, lulled  us to sleep.

I was up at 5.15am, so I didn't miss sunrise. Cool but not cold, with no wind,  I stood just off the beach and watched as the sun slowly crept up out of the ocean. Beautiful. It was cloudy on the horizon but there was enough of a gap to see the sun.



Back inside, Paul was still asleep, I made a cuppa and relaxed.  Breakfast at 8.30am was a buffet style, like last nights dinner. Plenty of delicious selections to choose from.  After breakfast we strolled to the Toowoon Bay Surf Life Saving Club and discovered that they had a cafĂ©, something to consider, for lunch.

Back in our villa, I settled down to do some research and Paul did his weight lifting exercises.
Finding the coffee table to low, I set myself up at the desk, only to discover that, you can't get your legs under the edge of the desk as it is to low. I did get some research done but was uncomfortable, so decided that a walk was a good idea.

Now Kim's is on the side of a hill. We go up 33 steps, to get to the dining room and still more to get to street level. (The steps have level bits between them, not a straight run of steps.) I discovered that if you walk out the entrance to the surf club, there is a ramp and steps to the street, better but still a steep walk.

Paul and I then strolled to the small shopping area, Toowoon Bay Village,  most of the places are food places, from take-a-ways, to cafes to a classy restaurant. We choose the cake shop, for coffee and I did a quick shop in the grocers.

Back in the villa, the call of the beach got to me and taking my camera, I headed out for a beach walk. I headed north stopping to take photos of interesting things and the view. To the north is The Entrance and Nora Head. It is Norah Head lighthouse we see. With the tide on the turn, there wasn't much of the hard packed sand to walk on, making it a bit of a slog.


Norah Head Lighthouse, just before sunrise. I even managed to catch the beam as it went past.


Now very windy and the para-surfers are taking full advantage of the breeze. It is amazing that they don't collide or tangle their shutes  together.

Tonight there was a pianist, playing in the cocktail lounge. Drinks and canapés, before dinner. Excellent selection, the day's menu is on your table, so you have an idea as to what is available.

Wandering back to our villa, we both sat and read, late into the evening.

Thursday 16th.

No sunrise for me, we both didn't wake until 7.00am, enjoyed a lazy cuppa and then wandered up to breakfast. Paul tasted a different muesli and liked it. I might try and make it at home. I tried some of the honey selection and found the tastes very different, to what I usually have.

An after breakfast beach walk was in order, cardigan required as it was a bit cool and there was a breeze. I headed south, towards the main part of the beach and found that I had to walk in the soft sand as there was a good slope on the hard packed sand. Walking out to the rocks, I was able to see two headlands. I walked back along the path.





Today I set the laptop up on the patio table, much better and I was able to work comfortably.  Brought the blog up to date and answered emails. Enough, time to walk to the cafĂ© for lunch.

I have noticed that the schools seem to be having lifesaving lessons, both primary and high school. I have also noticed a large number of swimmers, paddle boarders and a kayaker, enjoying themselves.
Wanting a break, I walked down to the beach and was amazed that I was the only person around, the beach was deserted.  Later there was a para-surfer and a windsurfer, taking full advantage of the strong wind and racing each other across the small waves.




This Water Dragon, hangs around the two fishponds, the garden edges and even the path.

                                                                    Today's flags.


Bye for now,
Lilian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek