About Me.

A Family Tree researcher for over 30 years and a blogger since 2010, I love to share what I find. This blog has opened up a new way to contact and keep in-touch with both family and friends. It mightn't always be genealogy related and you might not agree with my point of view but I want you to comment, ask questions and look upon this blog as 'friends having a chat'.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Trove Tuesday. Mummell

 
Mummell Estate.
 
Below is a engraving, published in 1857 of the Mummell Estate, near Goulburn.
 
My ancestor, Thomas Abberton, settled in Mummell in around 1852/3 after he had arrived form Ballynakill, Co Galway. He and his wife Mary Torp(h)y raised a large family, ran the post office and donated land for the school.
 
 
 
I found this when I did a Trove search of Pictures, Photos and Objects. Trove isn't just about news papers and this week I thought I'd take a look at something different.

(This engraving is out of copyright.)      http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-138443946

Happy Trove Searching,
Lilian.

No comments:

Post a Comment