My Interesting Nicolls/Nicholls Line

 Back in January 2021, as we were settling into another year of Covid 19, I did a post on the confusion between two sets of Henry and Ann Nicolls/Nicholls. You can read about that here, as it will help with what is to come, Soring out Henrys and Ann(e)s

Fast forward to February 2024 and RootsTech, or more specifically Relatives at RootsTech.This is a fun thing that FamilySearch does, using your family tree and others, to find connections. You do have to have a FamilySearch account and have some form of a tree as well.

Over the years that Relatives at RootsTech has been going I've always  had all  of my matches on my maternal side. Imagine my delight when I discovered that of my 96 ancestors, 95 were maternal and one was paternal.  Now I will say that my top matches on  maternal side are known to me, so they don't  have me rushing to do more research.

The suggested match was a 2nd cousin twice removed, okay close but not  real close. She had a tree and both of us went back to Henry Nicolls (1828-1866). Me through his second wife Ann and her through his first wife Elizabeth. But  it was the child of Henry and Elizabeth that made me so excited, Henry George Nichols, (1842-1912)!  Had I found one of the 'missing' children?  Well no!  Let me explain.

This Henry George Nichols is the same one married to Anne Snook and is Henry and Elizabeth's second born son. I had him but hadn't connected him to them. Well that mystery is solved but there is more to come.


This family tree chart for Henry, Elizabeth and Ann helped me sort out the 'connection', that turned out not to be a connection but more on that in the next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek