About Me.

A Family Tree researcher for over 30 years and a blogger since 2010, I love to share what I find. This blog has opened up a new way to contact and keep in-touch with both family and friends. It mightn't always be genealogy related and you might not agree with my point of view but I want you to comment, ask questions and look upon this blog as 'friends having a chat'.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Trove Tuesday

Having spent last weekend here at Uluru/Ayers Rock, I thought I'd find out when it was first named.

Found by Grose in 1873, he called it Ayers Rock after then then Chief Secretary of South Australia, Sir Henry Ayers.

Grose gave the latitude and longitude as its location; lat 20° 21' long 131° 141'
 

Sydney Mail and New South Wales Advertiser (NSW : 1871 - 1912), Saturday 27 December 1873, page 826
 
It is absolutely stunning and I will share photos, once I get them up-loaded.
 
Bye for now,
Lilian.

No comments:

Post a Comment