Congress, Quilting and THE BOOK.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. I managed to combine three things I really enjoy, quilting, genealogy and my book.

I had spoken to the printer on Tuesday and he was overnight express  posting the proof copy to me, so I was waiting at the post office at 9.00am to collect it. Feeling nervous, it took me several goes to unwrap it from it's procetive wrap.
Thick card cover, smooth glossy paper, it is wonderful to hold something I've written. I hope that my cousins like their copies.
 
Next was registering for Congress, in March 2018. Early bird registrations opened, yesterday and with the eagerness of us genealogists, we crashed the site! I managed to register around 10.00am and have booked the Meet 'n' Great on the Friday and the dinner on the Saturday. I am so looking forward to catching-up with Judy G Russell, Helen Smith, Pauleen Cass, Shauna Hicks, Jill Ball and many, many others, as well as meeting new people, that I don't know if I will have enough time!




 
A trip to Picton Patchwork was next, with my very good friend, Lorraine. I was looking for the backing to use on the quilt I did, when I was away. I found a lovely soft batik fabric, with soft purple, grey and pink through it. It will look great.
 
While I was there I picked up the layer cake and backing, framing and binding fabric for it as well. The pattern, from Paisley Jam Designs is called Through the Window and the fabric is called Guernsey, by Moda. It is very delicate and the pink is for the framing and back. I'll post photos, once it is done.
 
A very good day.
 
Bye for now,
Lilian. 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek