Strange coincidences

Have you really, really looked at your family tree?  What do you see? Dates, names, places, yes but anything else?????

I know that we only have 365 dates to play with,  have a good look at those dates? What do you see?

On just my side we have four generations, with the same birth date.   Samuel Galbraith 22 October 1815.  His Great-granddaughter, Lilian Galbraith, in 1911. Then follows a great-great granddaughter and a great-great-great grandson. These last two are mother and son! 

So this happens, so what!

Well the 6th December has Mary Ann Grant my husband and my niece.


We do have a few doubles as well.

The biggest coincidence  is that of  Arthur Galbraith and Mary Ann Grant.  These are my great-grandparents, on my maternal side.  What is their coincidence?  BOTH Arthur and Mary Ann are the second child to have that name in their generation, in their respective families.

 The first Arthur was born 1850 and died sometime between 1850/52. My Arthur was born 1852 and died 1894.
The first Mary Ann was born 1856 and died 1858. My Mary Ann was born 1859 and died 1912.

Has anyone else got strange things like this? I would love to hear about them.

Happy Ancestor Hunting,
Lilian.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek