My Grandfather, Arthur Galbraith.

 I love searching through all different types of records. Type in a name and see what pops up. Well... The other week, searching through the National Archives site, I entered Grandpops name and their was his application to enlist in World War 1.  As he was a married man, with three children I was surprised that his service hadn't been mentioned, before.

Today I received an email with a link to the documents and what a surprise. He tried to enlist twice, the first time on 12 January 1916 and the second time on 10 July 1917. He was knocked back both times and the reasons given were alcohol (1916) and (1917) haemorrhoids and physique below standard. Interesting but sad at the same time.

I wonder how he felt.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek