A Wonderful Saturday


Saturday was hot and sunny and I was asked to meet a very good friend at the Obelisk, in Hyde Park, to wear comfortable shoes, sunhat and bring an umbrella, in case of rain. I duly did so and arrived early and did a walk around the War Memorial. Something I hadn't done in a long time. The Pool of Reflection was calm and I was able to take some lovely shots.
The Obelisk. Built in 1857.

War Memorial.

Reflection.

When Lorraine arrived she handed me a sheet of paper, with the morning activity outlined. It was a  Cupcake & Dessert Walking Tour of Sydney. Yum! These are run by foodi.com.au  and they have five different tours to select from.
Our first stop was Cupcakes on Pitt.


I had a Tiramisu cupcake and Lorraine had a Honeycomb one.

This macaroon tower was at our third stop and the macaroons were delicious. 

We had two more stops before the Queen Victoria Building stop. This was for fresh fruit dipped in chocolate! Refreshing.

The group then walked down to Darling Harbour, where we enjoyed chocolates, éclairs and brownies at Guylian. We were thrilled to have a table inside, where it was cool.
 Our last stop was for gelato, a lovely way to end the tour.

The tour ended in China Town and we walked back up to Dymocks, to browse.

A truly wonderful day and Lorraine and I are already planning our next walking tour/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek