A Genealogy Day

Having had a day of, yesterday, for my birthday I thought I'd better do some 'work' today. I finished the ironing and then started on my genealogy filing cabinet, four full drawers! Well one down and three to go. I have sorted, culled and re-filed so that I have the correct families in the correct files. Feeling good that it is done as it has been annoying me for awhile. I still have a desk covered with misfiled certificates and paperwork to finish.

In my December post, A Brick Wall Has Fallen, I mentioned that I was waiting on Arthur Galbraith's Probate Packet and it would be late January before it arrived. Well when I arrived home on January 5th, it was waiting for me. It makes for interesting reading, with him being a grocer and having borrowed money. I also found his will and reading it, he fully expected his wife to re-marry as he states that if she re-marries her portion of the estate goes to the sons..

Well going to have a cuppa and then tackle this desk pile.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek