September research update.

 My September research was to read the War Diaries for the unit my Dad served in. Well I am but they make for hard reading, that I have to leave them and only read in small batches. This is going to continue for the rest of the year.

I have both the Unit Diary and Charles Bean's diary as well. The Unit Diary is very factual, while the Bean one give you the whole picture.

I decided that I needed to some fun research, so picked my grandparents line and looked for any new information on the branches. Did a death search on the various sites and found some new deaths. Also did a Ryerson search for the death/funeral notices and had some success there as well.

September also saw me start a seven week writing course with The Novel Guys. I'm finding it very helpful as we are given homework, which is reviewed by Nathan and the group and feed-back is given. The only downside is that it's from England and while 8.00pm UK time is good for them, it's 5.00am here for me. Luckily for me the last two weeks will be 6.00am as daylight saving will have started.


While I don't feel as if I've achieved much with my research, this month, I have a better understanding of what my Father went through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

The Connection is Back!!!