8th September 2022 - The Death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll

 5:11am Friday 9th September 2022 and my mobile phone pings with an incoming message; "I know it's early but not sure if you know yet the Queen has died." Well if I wasn't awake before I read the message, I was after. It was the beginning of a day, that wasn't 'normal' but life still went on. Now on Sunday 11th September, I am able to write how I feel about this momentous occasion.


Friday, social media, television and radio all had the same thing, like in a continuous loop, for the television stations, everyone who had an opinion expressed it and the reality  sank in. The Queen was dead.

I had bought a pair of sock, with crowns and corgis for the Jubilee, so I wore them, my way of honouring Her.


I reflected on the time I had, had a glimpse of Her. 1963, as a school child, in Hyde Park, Sydney, and again in 1970, when she was here for the bicentennial of Captain Cook's discovery of this country.


Fast forward to 2019 and this was my selfie with Her Majesty, a photographers in Birmingham.


On to London and a tour of the Royal Mews and seeing the Gold State Coach, that as a 25 year old, mother of two, she rode in on Her way to be crowned Queen.




Saturday I watched the historic proclamation of King Charles lll, a very moving ceremony, of a son taking over from his mother.

No matter what your thoughts are about the monarchy, a family has lost their Mum, Grannie, Great-Grannie, Auntie, Mother-in-law and they have to grieve, with the world watching.

So to Her Majesty, Thank You for Your life of service.





 

Comments

  1. Yes - my thoughts precisely - imagine having to grieve so publicly and be on the ball in terms of public speaking et al. No matter how long its been coming it must still be very difficult to perform under those circumstances. And I feel for all her beloved animals. A great loss to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. A gracious lady of our era has died after a public life of great service

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek